Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do you have to work in a health care facility for your CNA (certified nursing assistant) not to expire?

I live in Illinois and I just passed my CNA class at a college. I will be taking my CNA state test here in a few weeks. I work for a attorney and now that I am going to get my CNA I will becoming a Elder Care Coordinator for the office. We do life care planning and we have about 10-15 clients at a time and I will be checking in on on them going to their home or nursing homes which ever they are at and do check ups on them make sure they are safe where they are at but my question is, do you think that would count towards my CNA so that it will not expire. Right now what I think my teacher said in class is that you have a year to work at least 8 hours doing health care work? I just want to make sure that I understand and the attorney I work for understands if it does not count that I will have to get a side job later on. Any input would help a lot, Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment